The Council’s rules (bylaws) require that if a Representative resigns their office, the Board will appoint a successor to serve out the remainder of the term.
A Board member has resigned from a seat in District A, and we are looking for a bright, energetic, self-starter to finish out the term. The commitment is until Spring 2021 It is an excellent opportunity to get involved in leading Los Feliz without having to stand for general election.
The appointee will be selected by a majority vote of their future colleagues currently seated on the Governing Board.
Candidates for this District Representative seat must be at least 18 years of age be a stakeholder in district A.
Stakeholders are defined as everyone who lives, works or owns real property within LFNC boundaries and also those who declare a stake in the neighborhood as a Community Interest Stakeholder, defined as a person who affirms a substantial and ongoing participation within LFNC boundaries and who may be in a Community organization such as, but not limited to, educational, recreational, business, public safety, nonprofit and/or religious organizations.
A Community Organization is defined as a named entity, which has a physical street address within the LFNC boundaries from which it performs verifiable ongoing activities and operations while maintaining any required bona fide documentation to validate its legitimacy.
District Representatives serve three-year terms, unless they are filling a vacated seat, in which case they will fill out the remaining term for that seat.
ARE YOU IN IN DISTRICT A?
View, Download or print our District Map.
- Applications must be submitted by November 11th, 2018 at 7:30 PM PT. The Governing Board Meeting where this item will be heard will be November 20th at 7:30 PM.
- The candidates’ statements will be posted on the LFNC website and distributed to the LFNC Governing Board for review.
- Candidates are urged to attend the Governing Board meeting at which their candidacy is being considered, and will be afforded equal time to speak on behalf of their candidacy.
- After a question and answer period, the Governing Board will cast written ballots to make the appointment.
- The successful candidate will be seated immediately following the count of votes, and will finish the meeting as a voting Board member.