The Los Feliz Neighborhood Council and Atwater Village Neighborhood Council have partnered to host a town hall to inform constituents of federal, state, and local happenings regarding the heightened sense of apprehension regarding current immigration policies.
The event will be held at Glenfeliz Elementary School in Atwater Village (3955 Glenfeliz Blvd., 90039) on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 from 7pm-9pm.
Speakers will include:
- CA Assemblymember Laura Friedman
- LAPD Captain Arturo Sandoval
- A representative from the ACLU
- A representative from the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- A representative from the LA County Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Retired law professor Daniel Stewart
- Los Feliz Neighborhood Council’s Sheldon Hirshon
- A representative from Congressman Adam Schiff’s office
- A representative from LA City Councilman Mitch O’Farrell’s office
- A representative from CA State Senator Anthony Portantino’s office
Speakers are subject to change.
Topics of discussion will include the Trump administration’s revised executive order regarding immigration and travel, as well as the revised policies, priorities, and patterns for federal detention and deportation by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents. There will be a “Know Your Rights” primer as well as information about a new $10 million LA Justice Fund for the provision of legal defense on immigration issues.
The event is open to the public.
For Further Information Contact:
Atwater Village Neighborhood Council
Los Feliz Neighborhood Council
Los Feliz Neighborhood Council Outreach Chair