DISTRICT B – SPECIAL APPOINTMENT
The Council’s rules (bylaws) require that if a Representative resigns their office, the Board will appoint a successor to serve out the remainder of the term.
A Board member has resigned from a seat in District B, and we are looking for a bright, energetic, self-starter to finish out the term. The commitment is until Spring 2020 It is an excellent opportunity to get involved in leading Los Feliz without having to stand for general election.
The appointee will be selected by a majority vote of their future colleagues currently seated on the Governing Board.
Candidates for this District Representative seat must be at least 18 years of age and live or own property in District B.
District Representatives serve four year terms, unless they are filling a vacated seat, in which case they will fill out the remaining term for that seat.
[PLEASE NOTE: The City of Los Angeles is considering changing neighborhood council elections to odd-numbered years. If so, this term will end in 2019 or 2021.
ARE YOU IN IN DISTRICT B?
- Applications must be submitted by November 6, 2017 at 7:30PM PT. The Governing Board Meeting where this item will be heard will be either November 14 or November 21 2017 at 7:30PM. [PLEASE NOTE: an earlier version of this post gave an incorrect deadline of November 11.)
- The candidates’ statements will be posted on the LFNC website and distributed to the LFNC Governing Board for review.
- Candidates are urged to attend the Governing Board meeting at which their candidacy is being considered, and will be afforded equal time to speak on behalf of their candidacy.
- After a question and answer period, the Governing Board will cast written ballots to make the appointment.
- The successful candidate will be seated immediately following the count of votes, and will finish the meeting as a voting Board member.