- This event has passed.
Kids’ Bike Skills Workshop
May 21, 2017 @ 8:00 am
The Los Feliz Neighborhood Council, Environmental Affairs Committee and Walk’n Rollers are excited to bring our FREE Kids Bike Skills Workshop to Griffith Park as part of the Ride, Run, Walk & Roll Challenge! Join us for a fun day learning essential bike safety skills. The family-friendly course is FREE and open to all ages.
No bike? No problem! Bikes and helmets provided for use on the closed, training course.
- Obstacle Course
- Bike Crafts: Make your own spoke card, race plate and more!
- Helmet fitting (most kids have incorrectly adjusted helmets)
- Recognizing traffic signals and stop signs
- Proper starting and stopping techniques
- How to avoid hazards
- Yielding and bike control
Practice your bike safety and bike handling skills with our instructors on our closed course and enjoy a free 1 mile kids ride at 9:30AM & NOON.
Free passes for the first 10 families* who want to go on the 6 mile Family Ride at 8:45AM & 11AM. (A $30 value)
*kids 12 and under are free, but must have one paid/ticketed adult
Presented by Los Feliz Neighborhood Council