- This event has passed.
Education Committee Meeting – August 2016
August 11, 2016 @ 7:30 pm
1. Call to Order. Roll Call
2. Public Comments on Non‐agenda items
3. Comments from the Chair (Rodriguez) on Committee/Project Status.
a. Resolution in support of AB‐2222 Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund: Transit Pass Program.
4. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Agenda Item
- RECAP: 2016 Los Angeles Budget Day – LA Metro Expansion Tax and Homeless Bond Measurepresentations
- MOTION: Approve the resolution in support of the integration of a comprehensive plan into thecampaign for the Homelessness Reduction and Prevention, Housing, and Facilities Bond Measure.
- UPDATE: Friends of Franklin Neighborhood Purposes Grant – NPG budget allocation has yet to besolidified.
- UPDATE: Senate Bill 277 – Applies to students first admitted to school, child care, or entering seventhgrade starting in 2016. Children will not be enrolled unless an immunization record is presented andimmunizations are up‐to‐date.
- RECAP: State of the District Address by Superintendent Michelle King
- MOTION: Approve previous Education Committee meeting minutes.
5. Other comments and announcements