- This event has passed.
Education Committee – July Meeting
July 13 @ 7:30 pm
- Call to Order. Roll Call
- Public Comments on Non-agenda items
- Comments from the Chair (Rodriguez) on Committee/Project Status.
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION: Agenda Items
- CA Assembly Bill 17 – AB 17 would create a statewide program to provide $20 million for reduced-fare or free transit passes for low-income middle, high school, and public college and university students in California. Passing AB 17 would lower the cost of education for students, increasing access to education and opportunity.
- Board of Education L.A. Unified Leading, Learning, and Succeeding Resolution – Authored by newly-elected Board President Dr. Ref Rodriguez, the “L.A. Unified Learning, Leading and Succeeding for Students” resolution calls for Superintendent Dr. Michelle King, working in partnership with the board, to evaluate – as its utmost priority – the impact that any action, resolution, policy or contract would have on student achievement.
- Board of Education Foster Youth College and Career Success Tracking Resolution – The resolution ensures foster students are enrolled, engaged, and on-track to graduate high school and continue to make progress in college and careers; and also directs Superintendent King to report back in the fall of 2017 on the data-sharing with Cal-PASS Plus, which tracks foster students from kindergarten through four years of college, and the distribution of information regarding their status consistent with applicable laws.
- Other comments and announcements