In general, property owners who will benefit from electrolier streetlights pay for the construction of new street lighting. In addition, benefiting property owners are responsible for cost of operation and maintenance collected annually on the County tax bill.
Until the mid-1950’s, the City did not require developers of housing, commercial and industrial property to install street lighting. So in the older areas of the City, most streets do not have streetlights, unless the developer voluntarily installed them, or a neighborhood group or their Council Office started a project to install them at the property owner’s expense.
Only those who have street lighting pay for it. Maintenance costs are assessed annually. This is not paid for from the basic property taxes or other taxes. New assessments require a vote of the property owners in compliance with Proposition 218, now part of the California Constitution.
Please find three documents below to help with getting a streetlight installed on your street:
The Senior Lead Officer (SLO) is primary player in the community-based policing efforts across the City.
Below is a map of who the various senior lead officers are in our neighborhood.
Download Map: SLO MAP 08-11-15
This will be a 3-mile intermediate hike meeting at the Griffith Park Travel Town front entrance led by LFNC’s Public Safety Representative Mike Hain. We take it slow and will last until about noon.
Please have proper equipment and a hiking partner. Eat some breakfast and drink plenty of water the night before to make sure you are hydrated.
- Have your day pack or fanny pack ready!
- Drink several glasses of water or a carbohydrate electrolyte drink (i.e. Gatorade, PowerAde, etc.)
- Hiking shoes
- Water container (filled)
- Jacket Hat for heat or sun protection
- Snack for break time
- Sun Screen
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Hiking stick
- Map of Griffith Park
Los Feliz is in LAPD’s Northeast Division. Here are some contact numbers:
- Northeast Front Desk: (323) 561-3216
- Community Relations: (323) 561-3440
- Detective Desk: (323) 561-3421
- Gang Enforcement Office : (323) 561-3313
- Vice Unit: (323) 561-3241
- Narcotics Office: (323) 561-3312
Click Here For Full Agenda
- Call to Order. Roll Call.
- Public Comments on Non-agenda items.
- Comments from the Chair (Hain) on Committee/Project Status.
- Approve November, 2016 meeting minutes
- Clean Streets LA / Cool Blocks- report
- Hike on December 10 in Griffith Park leaving at the Trail Café 9:30 a.m.
- Los Feliz crime updates
- Winter/ Holiday Safety
- Homelessness Liaison Meeting from City Hall
- CERT Class starting in the spring
- Other comments and announcements.