‘Hike With Mike’ is a monthly Los Feliz-centric outdoor event led by our Public Health and Safety Representative, and avid naturalist raconteur, Mike Hain.
It’s an opportunity to get into local hiking (you said you would) or get further into hiking, while meeting some swell neighbors and enjoying the great outdoors — in the middle of a city.
Hain is a hiking maven and has been trekking our local trails for over 50 years.
He has a hand-hewn hiking stick, a rad hat, and is a storehouse of
useless useful information about Griffith Park history and lore, exotic fauna, indigenous wildlife, and other critical arcana he can regale you with as you make your ascent.
This month’s hike will wind through the park’s Berlin Forest and Mount Hollywood areas.
DATE & TIME: Saturday, February 24th – 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
DEPARTS: The Greek Theater (front entrance)
PLAN: 3-Mile Intermediate Hike
CLICK HERE to sign up!
Proper equipment is essential, and a hiking partner is helpful but not a must.
STUFF YOU NEED:
- Hiking Shoes • Re-usable Water Container
- Jacket • Sun Blocking Hat
- Sun Screen • Personal First Aid Kit
- Hiking Stick • Griffith Park Map
- Binoculars • Camera
- Ready your day or fanny pack! Prehydrate: Water or an electrolyte rich drink, e.g. ‘Gatorade’, ‘PowerAde’, etc.
- Eat some breakfast, rehydrate, and stretch/warm-up before.