Thank you to all of the Los Feliz stakeholders who cleaned up our neighborhood!
We exceeded our goal of 50 trash bags, taking over 65 bags of trash off the streets of Los Feliz. In addition, we removed dangerous items such as hypodermic needles and filed dozens of bulky item pickup requests (via the MyLA311 app.)
Check out some photos of the cleanup below, or head to our instagram or facebook page to see more.
If you have photos to share, post them online and add the hashtags #cleanstreetslosfeliz & #cleanstreetsla.
Let’s keep Los Feliz looking great!
Cleaning the off ramp by Griffith Park
This trash won’t be gracing the streets of Los Feliz anymore!
Cleaning up the curb.
Just a few of the many Clean Streets Los Feliz volunteers.
NEW VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Team up with the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council to help make Los Feliz look its best through the Clean Streets LA Challenge!
The LFNC Environmental Affairs Committee is spearheading Los Feliz’s participation in this city-wide effort to clean up our neighborhoods.
You can help by:
- Downloading the MyLA311 App to report clean up of large bulky items, graffiti, illegal dumping and more.
- Identify an area where a public trash can is needed. Take pictures of full trash cans or areas where trash accumulates and the LFNC can request a new can.
- CLEAN UP YOUR IMMEDIATE AREA ON NOVEMBER 6th, from 9AM-1PM. Join forces with your neighbors or local organization.
However you decide to participate, BE SURE TO DOCUMENT YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER WORK ON SOCIAL MEDIA! USE THE HASHTAGS #CleanStreetsLA and #CleanStreetsLosFeliz so we can promote your pics.
Contactt the LFNC Environmental Affairs Committee co-chairs with any questions or to find out more:
-Click Here For Full Agenda-
- Call to order. Roll Call. (1 minute)
- Public Comments on non-agenda items (5 minutes)
- Committee approval of minutes from September 26th meeting (1 minute)
- Clean Streets Challenge Volunteer overview and action plan (60 minutes)
- Other Comments, questions and announcements (5 minutes)
Environmental Affairs September 2016 Meeting Agenda REVISED (PDF)
1. Call to order. Roll Call (1 minute)
2. Public Comments on non-agenda items (5 minutes)
3. Committee approval of minutes from August 22nd meeting (1 minute)
4. Craig Raines from Recreation and Parks- presenting the Los Feliz Entry Water Conservation/Irrigation Upgrade project. (20 minutes)
5. Q & A for Craig Raines regarding CIS submitted by Pacific Palisades NC about the use of Round Up (5 minutes)
6. Colin Bogart from the LACBC – presenting a biking clinic for youth of Los Feliz (20 minutes)
7. Discussion to bring Ron Finley’s Guerrilla Gardening program to community in partnership with the Norm Harriton Community Garden (20 minutes)
Click Here To See The Full Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order. Roll Call. (1 minute)
- Welcome and introductions. (4 minutes)
- Public Comments on non-agenda items (5-10 minutes)
- Faith Myhra, of Food and Water Watch. (30 mnutes)
- CIS/discussion regarding spraying of Monsanto chemicals at Griffith Park (30 minutes)
- Clean Streets Campaign discussion. (20 minutes)
- Other comments and announcements. (5 minutes)