-Click Here For Full Agenda-
- Call to order. Roll Call. (1 minute)
- Public Comments on non-agenda items (5 minutes)
- Committee approval of minutes from February meeting (1 minute)
- Report Back/Discussion on Guerilla Harvest Event (10 minutes)
- Discussion/Motion on urban gardening workshop at Fig Earth Supply with Highland Park Neighborhood Council (10 minutes)
- Brainstorm best uses of the LFNC Table at the bike event on May 21st. (10 minutes)
- Discussion/ Motion for chotchsky giveaway item at bike event (bandana? Water bottle? Something else?) (10 minutes)
- Identify volunteers for the May 21st bike event. (5 minutes)
- Discussion to build IKEA grow room type urban garden at the Vermont Triangle. http://www.ecowatch.com/ikea-the-growroom-2274117828.html (10 minutes)
- Other Comments, questions and announcements (5 minutes)
Thank you to all of the Los Feliz stakeholders who cleaned up our neighborhood!
We exceeded our goal of 50 trash bags, taking over 65 bags of trash off the streets of Los Feliz. In addition, we removed dangerous items such as hypodermic needles and filed dozens of bulky item pickup requests (via the MyLA311 app.)
Check out some photos of the cleanup below, or head to our instagram or facebook page to see more.
If you have photos to share, post them online and add the hashtags #cleanstreetslosfeliz & #cleanstreetsla.
Let’s keep Los Feliz looking great!
Cleaning the off ramp by Griffith Park
This trash won’t be gracing the streets of Los Feliz anymore!
Cleaning up the curb.
Just a few of the many Clean Streets Los Feliz volunteers.
NEW VOLUNTEER INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Team up with the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council to help make Los Feliz look its best through the Clean Streets LA Challenge!
The LFNC Environmental Affairs Committee is spearheading Los Feliz’s participation in this city-wide effort to clean up our neighborhoods.
You can help by:
- Downloading the MyLA311 App to report clean up of large bulky items, graffiti, illegal dumping and more.
- Identify an area where a public trash can is needed. Take pictures of full trash cans or areas where trash accumulates and the LFNC can request a new can.
- CLEAN UP YOUR IMMEDIATE AREA ON NOVEMBER 6th, from 9AM-1PM. Join forces with your neighbors or local organization.
However you decide to participate, BE SURE TO DOCUMENT YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER WORK ON SOCIAL MEDIA! USE THE HASHTAGS #CleanStreetsLA and #CleanStreetsLosFeliz so we can promote your pics.
Contactt the LFNC Environmental Affairs Committee co-chairs with any questions or to find out more: