This year Los Feliz will not be dethroned as a LA ‘Clean Streets’ champion. Meet up, join up and help clean up (our streets AND this year’s cash prize)! There’s four rally locations, be there!..
Neighbor teams hit several Los Feliz trashy ‘hot spots’ – cleaning sweeping, tagging bulky items, trying to win $2K in neighborhood prize money.
There are 2 ways to join in:
1 – Join up with one of our Clean Streets teams! Just meet at one of the following locations:
- 8:00 AM – Barnsdall Art Park (lower parking lot)
- 9:00 AM – Roosevelt Cafe (south of Greek Theatre)
- 9:30 AM – Trails Cafe (with the Los Feliz MOMS club)
- 10:00 AM – Western Avenue @ Hollywood (w/ 4 Neighborhood Councils and City Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell)
Group photo: 12:30 PM at Barnsdall Park with a BBQ at 4810 Sunset Boulevard to follow.
2 – Sweep YOUR Space:
- Clean in front of your own home or business, and/or report bulky items with the MyLA311 app. Please take a before & after picture of your work and hashtag it #cleanstreetsLA and #cleanstreetsLF and post on Instagram or Twitter. There’s a prize for the most MyLA311 posts between now and Nov 30th!
To download the MyLA311 app click here.
On July 8th from 10AM – 12PM, a public meeting will be held at the Los Feliz Public Library to discuss the new draft proposal of the Hollywood Community Plan:
The Hollywood Community Plan (HCPU2) sets the stage for the future of Hollywood. It directs anticipated development to already urbanized areas of the Community Plan Area, identifying suitable areas for new development while preserving existing low-scale neighborhoods.
More information can be found at the Hollywood Community Plan website. This event is not sponsored or being run by the Los Feliz Neighborhood Council.
-Click Here For Full Agenda-
- Call to order. Roll Call. (1 minute)
- Public Comments on non-agenda items (5 minutes)
- Committee approval of minutes from February meeting (1 minute)
- Report Back/Discussion on Guerilla Harvest Event (10 minutes)
- Discussion/Motion on urban gardening workshop at Fig Earth Supply with Highland Park Neighborhood Council (10 minutes)
- Brainstorm best uses of the LFNC Table at the bike event on May 21st. (10 minutes)
- Discussion/ Motion for chotchsky giveaway item at bike event (bandana? Water bottle? Something else?) (10 minutes)
- Identify volunteers for the May 21st bike event. (5 minutes)
- Discussion to build IKEA grow room type urban garden at the Vermont Triangle. http://www.ecowatch.com/ikea-the-growroom-2274117828.html (10 minutes)
- Other Comments, questions and announcements (5 minutes)